As a mom of a 5 month old and 6 yr. old twin boys Im always looking for healthy quick meals to cook for my family. These salmon cakes hit the spot because they are not only delicious and something that the whole family will love but are also quick to make and heart and hair healthy. Salmon is full of healthy omega 3's which can lessen inflammation of the hair follicle caused by alopecia , it also helps to prevent dry itchy scalp and can promote hair growth.
Check out the recipe below and make sure to tag us #alodiahiarcare if you give them a try!
SALMON CAKES RECIPE
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 lb skinless salmon fillet, finely diced into 1/4-inch pieces (see note)
- 1-1/4 cups panko bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, from 3 to 4 scallions
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery, from 2 stalks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Add the diced salmon,¼ cup of the panko, the scallions, the celery, and the dill. Gently mix until uniformly combined.
- Place the remaining1 cup of panko in a shallow dish or pie plate. Using a 1/3-cup measure, scoop the salmon mixture and form into a compact cake about 1 inch Place the salmon cake into the panko and gently coat it all over in crumbs. Repeat with the remaining mixture to form about 9 cakes. (At this point, you can refrigerate the salmon cakes for a few hours until ready to cook, if you'd like.)
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Place half of the salmon cakes in the skillet and cook without moving until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the cakes and cook until second side is golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Reduce the heat to medium if the cakes are browning too quickly. Transfer cakes to paper towel–lined plate to drain. Repeat with the remaining cakes (no need to change the oil). Serve warm.
Avocado oil has a lot of mono-saturated fats, which can penetrate the hair shaft to keep it strong and healthy. Our deep conditioning masque contains avocado oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, and silk amino acids moisturize and strengthen the hair.