The Nourishing and Healing Benefits of Alodia's Organic Black Soap Wash
Since launching our amazing Nourish & Heal Organic Black Soap Wash, I’ve received several questions about it. Many are amazed at its cleansing yet moisturizing properties. They are shocked to see that a little truly goes a long way, forming a thick rich lather that cleanses and moisturizes the hair and scalp. Some have asked me “why does it lather so much does it contain sodium laurel sulfates?” while others have asked “ what gives it the dark color”. So, I thought to write this post to give you so more information about this amazing soap. I believe after reading this you’ll see why our soap should be a staple of your hair routine.
AFRICAN BLACK SOAP BENEFITS FOR HAIR
African black soap is made from the dry skin of locally harvested cocoa pods, cassava, shea tree bark, palm tree leaves, plantains, and other vegetation.
Our soap is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like potassium and magnesium. It also contains vitamins A and E. This high nutrient content makes it far superior to other soaps.
Other cleansers have lab-produced bases, like phosphorous, iron, magnesium, silicon, aluminum, and manganese oxides, along with unburnt carbon and hydrogen peroxide.
Our black soap is raw and organic, harvested by local women in Ghana and neighboring African countries. It feeds nourishment to the scalp, instead of stripping the nutrients away. It’s also less harmful to the body because you are not absorbing and inhaling toxic substances that become aerosolized by the steam when washing your hair.
Here is a list of benefits of African black soap for hair:
- Defines Curl Pattern. The high oil and glycerin content make it the ideal cleanser for keeping your hair and scalp clean, yet moisturized.
- Nourishes and Stimulates the Scalp. Filled with vitamins and minerals, it nourishes your hair follicles which can lead to thicker and longer hair.
- Cleanses the Scalp. African black soap is antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial. It effectively cleans your scalp, leaving the perfect environment for follicle cells to grow hair. It’s an excellent cleanser to use for hair loss and other conditions like eczema, psoriasis, dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Anti-aging. The antioxidants help to combat aging of the hair follicles. This can be particularly useful if you are middle-aged and experiencing thinning or slowed hair growth.
- Softens Hair. Customers have raved about our soap’s ability to soften and moisturize the hair. You’ll still need to use conditioner after you use the soap, but it doesn’t leave your hair hard and dry as many other synthetic shampoos do.
- Increases Hair Growth. Our soap promotes hair growth by increasing the blood circulation of the scalp.
HOW TO USE AFRICAN BLACK SOAP ON HAIR
Now that you understand the truly beneficial and healing qualities of our Organic Black Soap, you’re probably wondering how to use it.
The use depends on the condition of your scalp. If you are a heavy sweater, workout often, are experiencing hair loss, undergoing cancer treatments or having scalp issues ( dandruff, eczema, itchy scalp etc.) you should use this soap one time a week on your wash day. If you have a normal scalp with no hair loss you can alternate the use of this shampoo with our Nourish & Hydrate Conditioning Shampoo.
Our Organic Black Soap shampoo has a nozzle top for easy distribution of the shampoo to your scalp and hair strands. After rinsing out the shampoo follow up with our Nourish & Hydrate Deep Conditioning Masque for super soft cleansed hair and scalp.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the benefits of our Nourish & Heal Organic Black Soap Wash. Use code: nourish10 at checkout for 10% of a bottle of this amazing soap!