Just as the condition of the soil affects how a plant grows, the condition of your scalp establishes the health of your hair. A healthy scalp has clean, open pores with good blood flow. A healthy scalp is characterized as being pliable and supple.
An unhealthy scalp can be characterized as being dry and itchy, flaking, or tender. An unhealthy scalp is either too dry or too oily.
An oily scalp reflects that the sebaceous glands are in overdrive, meaning the glands in the hair follicle are producing too much oil. This creates a haven for bacteria and microbes to breed. Dandruff, which is a characteristic of dry scalp, it’s also caused by an over growth of yeast.
Dry scalp can be caused by products leaving a buildup on the scalp. Autoimmune conditions, such as Eczema or Psoriasis may also be to blame for a persistent dry and itchy scalp, as well as poor circulation or poor diet.
However, after hair grows out of your scalp, harmful environmental conditions and styling routines can undo all of the nurturing you put into your hair’s initial “bloom.” in order to keep your hair looking the best, you need to have a healthy lifestyle and diet and use high quality products such as Alodia Hair Carethat infuse your hair with moisture and strength.
Top 10 Lifestyle Choices to Promote Healthy Scalp and Hair:
- Massage your entire scalp daily by placing the finger pads of all 10 fingertips on your scalp and massage the same way you would knead dough, working from the front of your head to the back.
- Do not scratch your scalp with your fingernails and do not use plastic bristle brushes.
- Eat a well-balanced diet, avoiding overly processed, fried, and sugary foods & drinks as often as possible. Drink plenty of water each day to keep the body hydrated.
- Develop a regular workout routine (and stick with it!).
- Avoid harsh chemicals and detergents such as sulfates, silicones, phthalates, minerall oils, petroleum, artificial colors and fragrances. Alodia Hair Care products contain none of these chemicals which can be harmful for the hair and body.
- Use Alodia’s high quality style kits which streamline the process of washing, conditioning,moisturizing and styling. By using a style kit on a consistent weekly basis, you will increase the moisture and strength, leaving you with a healthy scalp and growing hair strands.
- Include hair care products, in your daily regime, that contain lavender, thyme, basil, peppermint and vitamins to keep your scalp moisturized and free of bacteria such as Alodia’s Nourish and Grow Healthy Hair and Scalp Oil
- Choose hairstyles that nurture, rather than torture your hair, including limiting tight up-dos, heat styling, and chemical processing.
- Cut off split and damaged ends to avoid further breakage.
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase or use a satin headscarf or cap (other pillow cases absorb natural oil from your hair, which can dry it out).